This resource is constantly being updated. Bookmark this page and check back periodically for new additions.
Do you have a resource we're missing?
Say firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion and we'll list it on this page.
Recommending yourself is encouraged.
Note: As we curate this list of blogging resources, we're always focused on finding generously free tools that will potentially help your blogging journey. However, some great tools have either a free version or offer a paid version only.
Blogs about blogging. Helping you get better at the craft.
- SmartBlogger.com/blog — A blog dedicated to writing about how to monetize your blogging online.
- BloggersPassion.com — Blogging articles and courses on SEO, affiliate marketing, keyword research, and more by Anil Agarwal.
- ProBlogger.com — Written by Darren Rowse, it covers practical strategies on how to run your blog as a profession.
Sharpening your blogging skills.
- Kaleigh Moore — Kaleigh has worked with some of the world's biggest brands. Her blog is full of articles for anyone looking to improve their writing skills. Follow Kaleigh Moore on Twitter.
- For The Interested — A newsletter by Josh Spector on how to produce, promote, and profit from your writing. Follow Josh Spector on Twitter.
Free "better-than-stock" photography.
- Unsplash — Highly creative photos with an AI-based search. Free to use and modify in any way you want.
- Burst — Like Unsplash, but from Shopify.
- MyStockPhotos — More free photos organized in categories.
- Vecteezy — Free to use photos for personal and commercial use.
Podcasts about the profession of blogging.
- Blogger Genius Podcast — Hosted by Jillian Leslie, this podcast offers strategies for bloggers on how to grow their business.
- ProBlogger Podcast — Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging.
- The Blogging Millionaire — Blogging income and growth hacks.
- The Blogging Pod — Honest advice about the reality of blogging.
- The Leslie Samuel Show — Strategies and tips on running your blog as a business.
Various tools to assist you with your blogging efforts.
- Red Goose — Convert your website or blog to a mobile app with just your URL.
- Canva — Create beautiful designs with ready-made templates that fit any context.
- PicMonkey — Create social media assets as well as ads and logos.
- easelly — A simple infographic maker that lets you visualize any kind of information.
- Iconfinder — Free icons and illustrations to spice up your blog.
- Noun Project — Glyph-like minimal icons.
- The Pattern Library — Beautiful patterns for your blog.
- Piktochart — Create infographics, presentations, and reports.
- befunky — An easy to use highly versatile photo editor.
- pixlr — A web-based alternative to Photoshop.
- Hemingway — It gives you clues on how to improve your writing.
- Grammarly — Use it to correct your grammar and make your text more readable.
- Jarvis — AI for writing long form articles.
- Lowfruits — Find keywords you can rank for as a new blog.
- Ubersuggest— Neil Patel's keyword research tool.
- Google Trends — Discover what people are searching for in your area or globally.
- AnswerThePublic — Discover content ideas through visualization.
Video and screencasts
- Loom — An easy-to-use screen recorder that you can quickly share with your audience.
- Zoom — Besides meetings, Zoom can be used for webinars.
- Google Meet — It works straight from your brw
- Plausible Analytics — Privacy-focused EU-based analytics.
- Simple Analytics — Simple and clean analytics.
- Fathom — Another privacy-focused well-designed analytics.
- Insights — Analytics for developers.
- Matomo — Some features are comparable to Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics — The powerful all-encompassing analytics.
- GTmetrics — See how fast your blog loads.
Email marketing providers
- Mailerlite — Design smarter newsletters.
- ConvertKit — Email marketing, landing pages, and more.
- Mailchimp — More than Email marketing. Now you can even sell on there.
- Teachable — Create online courses and monetize your blog.
- Gumroad — Sell your digital eBooks.
- Our own guide on how to monetize your blog.
- Powerthesaurus.org — Power Thesaurus is a crowdsourced thesaurus that is constantly being updated.
- Title maker — Create a catchy title for your next post.
- Omnicore — The ultimate social media cheat sheet.
- Meme Generator — Generate your own original memes.
- Headline Analyzer— Evaluate your titles' emotional marketing value with this highly accurate tool.
- Mindmeister — Mindmapping your next post.
- UptimeRobot — Monitors when your blog goes down.
- Reform App — Create clean forms with your brand.
Do you have a resource we're missing?
Say email@example.com with your suggestion and we'll list it on this page. Recommending yourself is encouraged.